Thursday, January 30, 2014

What's Wrong With This Picture?

It's all sandwiched, pinned and even a little quilting started.  I laid it out on the bed and as I was looking at it --- OMG, Heavens to Betsy, it can't be!!!!--- but there it was!  One little flower is not buttonholed stitched (you also get a good look at a bobble on the leaf of the flower alongside) and how in heck can I remedy that?   After the initial shock,  I think that I will be able to hand buttonhole around the little flower if I am careful.  By taking out some of the pins that should work fine even though I have quilted along the entire width of the quilt just above the blue sashing.   Things like this really keep a person humble!!


Earlier this winter when I was going through things in the basement, I found a plastic bag with this little muslin doll, the drawing and two pieces of fabric.  The doll was one I had made several of from a pattern in a magazine, I think.  I had one or two pinned to the curtains in my sewing room in the house we bought after we moved back to our hometown when Ray retired.   Molly, my middle granddaughter, loved to go through my fabric and I know she spent lots of happy time looking through the drawers.  This is the dress she designed that I was supposed to make for the little doll and the fabric to use.  Explicit instructions about placement of trim and fabric!  It certainly made me smile when I looked at this little remembrance from the past.  I really should make the little dress and dress the dolly for Annie's room.  What you find when you don't throw things away!  I texted pictures to Molly but she didn't remember doing that.  She probably was only 8 or 9.  How the years have flown by!!


3 comments:

lil red hen said...

Oh my! I did the same thing one time with machine applique. I think I remember quilting up to the piece, taking the quilt out of the frames, doing the applique, then putting it back on the frames. Sure teaches one to look twice! :) Your machine appliqued looks so much like hand work that I'm sure you can fix it.

Leslie said...

If you can't get to it, just hand stitch it by slipping into just the top layer. You will not be able to see the difference. You can do it.

Pokey said...

Oh, man!! I've done the same thing before, but just look at how many (hundreds of) pieces that you DIDN'T miss. It will work out. So, are you gonna be finishing the dolly? You did just get a new granddaughter....
:-}pokey