Friday, February 7, 2014

All Quilted, Trimmed and Ready for Binding

 
Just the binding left to do on the little bunny quilt for Lauren!   I am very pleased with it  and have enjoyed putting this little piece together for a sweet little baby girl.  Each one of my great grandchildren has had a quilt and I hope I am around to make more some day.  It's such a great feeling seeing the girls as moms and I hope to one day see Hannah as a mom, also - but this is absolutely no pressure on her and I know she knows that!!

I texted a picture of the finished quilt to the group this afternoon when a little flurry of texting was going on.  Almost immediately, Norah sent back two pictures--
the darling little recipient of the quilt and
her very apropos sleepers that will go well with the bunny quilt!!!   Lauren is certainly a bright eyed little doll.  Who is now about 2 and a half weeks old.



These are three of the parts of the quilt that I really like a lot.   Loved finding the little ducks and putting the little cloud over them on their lake.  And the turtles are adorable--they were a fun find.   Lots of things for Lauren to look at on her quilt.  I will send it off next week, but do want to take it to guild on Tuesday for show and tell.   This has been a fun, fun project and it goes out to Lauren with so much love - just as the other two quilts went out to Henry and Annie.

Now I have to get the round robin for this month done, my two big red quilts trimmed and the binding cut for them so I can have them for our quilt show in April, and my challenge wallhanging which I have figured out and everything gathered up for the project.  Then I know there will be umpteen more things I will see and want to do.   Also have to get Valentine things in the mail, also.  Goodness, how can a person ever be bored!!!





8 comments:

Jewels said...

GORGEOUS Carol - so happy to see it in person with Mr. D

Jan said...

So sweet! What an heirloom.

tpott said...

What a lucky little girl, she'll treasure it forever.

Pokey said...

Your creative applique has made an absolutely unique, one of a kind quilt! The turtles on the hill are jus' 'dorable, lol I know the family and sweet baby Lauren Carol will treasure this for years to come ~
:-}pokey

Donna~~ said...

What a wonderful quilt--so special!

Mary Caldwell said...

That has got to be the most adorable thing I've ever seen. What a great job. Thanks for sharing!

Jen said...

Very adorable! What a lucky little girl! Did you label it?

Leslie said...

I love it all but the bunny family is my favorite.