Saturday, February 1, 2014

Some Odds and Ends

My daughter and her husband have a little cabin up north here in Michigan, and Barclay goes up there quite a bit in the winter for work.  He stays at the cabin and this year there has been lots and lots of snow!  Barclay uses snow shoes and here is a picture he took of his tracks as he was crossing the lake!  The little red building is their cabin.  I wonder if it will be out of the snow by Memorial Day!!   A very pretty picture!

A picture of my supper last night (and tonight and tomorrow night!) that I cooked up and it was yummy.  I was going to make spaghetti but anymore I hate boiling the spaghetti - awful to get to where you hate to dirty pans!   Found this recipe on the internet and I had everything needed - it was super easy and quick.  You just put the dry pasta in the sauce and let it cook!!  My kind of dish.  Tonight I think I will make some cornbread and also put some corn in the goulash.     Such a good feeling to have something good in the fridge!
My goof is fixed!  It's a bit thicker than the other but looking at it overall, it looks fine.  Lauren won't care at all.  I have since found two little pieces not sewn that were centered in the ears of one of the little rabbits.  The solution for that was to just pull them off!  No one will miss them as not all of the rabbits have extra pieces in their ears anyway.  Hope I don't find many more!   If I do, I hope they are an easy fix.

It's been snowing most of the day - light at times and heavier at others.   They had been predicting 4 to 8 inches, but I don't think it will be that much.  Probably have had 3 inches or thereabouts.

Words to take to heart-- 

4 comments:

Jan said...

I love the photo of the snowshoe tracks across the lake. And the pasta dish sounds so easy, my kind of recipe!

Leslie said...

You did it, that a girl, I knew you could. It looks wonderful. Now back to quilting.lol

jen said...

You can't post a picture of your supper without sharing a link. :-). Your goof looks just fine and I doubt anyone will notice.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh my
so glad I saw your comment
on Charlotte's blog.
In my very late 70's
and find your words encouraging.
My winter not as bad as some
but do not like it...
I grew up in Michigan but after marriage of 3 years returned to my birthplace in Tennessee.
Will be visiting more...