Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Black and White

This is where I am stopping with these blocks.  It would take lots and lots to make a full sized quilt and there is a trememdous amount of rotary cutting, trimming, etc.   I decided, although I love the blocks and how they come together, I really am not enjoying the process.  So, this will be a very pretty tablerunner.  I will put a border on it, quilt it and call it a day.   Does this ever happen to you?  Getting all excited about a project and finding it's not as much fun as you thought? 

 Now I am enjoying quilting the challenge quilt.  Had no trouble putting it together (all the pieces were just pinned to a cloth base) - it went together nicely.  I had to add one little strip to make one of the rows come out even.  The girls who worked on my piece did a great job. 
I am planning on doing a little embellishing with some pink buttons and maybe black ones, too.   





3 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's why I have so many wall hangings and table runners.

Leslie said...

Well happens to the best of us , huh.

lil red hen said...

I love the black and white string quilt blocks! But then, that's my favorite type of block, strings.