Saturday, March 8, 2014

On the Wall in the Basement

Here's my daisy quilt - the blocks are sewn together in rows and the rows are now pressed ready to be sewn into a top.  I am liking this pretty thing.  The colors are so fresh--batiks are the best!!!  I have cut border strips from the stripe.  Not quite satisfied - so added a narrower white sashing
and not quite sure about that either.    So thought of a narrow folded strip just sewn into the seam (a flange?).  Tried the dark green in the stems and that was harsh and not the answer. 

Next, I cut a piece of the stripe--and I am liking that a lot.  There needed to be a separation between the blocks and the sashing.  Now will have to decide on the binding.  I don't think I have enough white left  but think there is still more at Park Bench.  I have enough left of the stripe.    This piece is right up there with the ones that are favorites of mine.

Hard to believe DST starts this weekend!  The weather has moderated here some and some of the snow has melted, but we still have an abundance of it!






4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Carol, this is GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see it quilted. Love the stripe! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

Wow, how very pretty. What about one of the batiks for the binding. But, who am I to make suggestions on one of your quilts. lol You are the master.

Michelle C said...

This is really gorgeous! Did you design this pattern yourself? Using batiks for this is unexpected in a design that is, at first glance, traditional. At second glance, this contains layers of genius. It sings to me!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Wow--so nice to see this cool, colorful quilt when it is still cold and snowy outside where I live! I would love to see how a block is constructed--fusible applique? Such a fun quilt--congratulations!