Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Original Selfies


 You may or may not have noticed, but I changed my picture on the sidebar
 having spent some time one day taking "selfies", a very humbling
 experience.  Selfies are not new, by any means--the old photo booths in
 the five and dime stores of days gone by were probably the forerunner.
 Lots of cute, funny and just plain odd photobooth pictures on Pinterest.
 Thought you might enjoy a few. 





 




Here's a fellow who looks like Fred Mertz on I Love Lucy.





I love this one - what a cute old lady in her fur stole with her furry little doggy being photographed for posterity.
Here is a cutie - 
No words for this one!    The very costume jewelry adorned grandma and her cigarette with her little wide eyed grandson getting their picture taken maybe at Kresge!    

One final photo booth photo - me and my sweetie taken sometime in 1949 or 1950.  We were newlyweds.  I was 21 and Ray was 23 - long, long ago!

5 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Loved your post Carol. And yes, I did notice your selfie!!! You are so fun and very clever. Thanks for the sunny smile on Sunday :)

Carolyn

marlu said...

Love these pictures from the past!
No words for the lady smoking! I wonder if she was on the way to putting it down out of camera range and got caught?

Bonny said...

Those photos were great! Made me laugh at the old lady with the cigarette! I love the photo of you and Bill - All Sweetness :)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and your dear husband.
Always enjoy reading your posts. from a fan--Alma

annquilts2 said...

What a cute couple you and your hubby are. And yes, you are a hoot!