Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Back from the Quilter


Sometime ago, Kathi, who quilted my red applique quilt, took this one back up north with her to quilt it for me.  There was absolutely no hurry and we had a very long, snow winter.  The other day she called and said she would be in town and was bringing my quilt back.

It looks beautiful.  I like this one a lot - it's the one that started from a rainbow batik jelly roll and ended up being sliced up and combined with Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  Probably one of the most original quilts I have ever done.

The pictures could be sharper and  my lighting is not so good but you can get the idea.  Batiks and Kaffe fabrics are so rich and have such saturated colors that sometimes it is hard to get them.  Actually, though, my phone takes better pictures than my camera.


The back is really pretty actually much prettier than it shows here.  The fabric goes from dark gold to quite pale yellow.  When I was making the back, I sewed the pale yellow parts together so it has that in the middle and the darkest gold on the outside.  The pattern and thread she used looks really good!  Could be reversible!  Thanks for the great quilting job, Kathi!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

wow, very pretty. I can't wait to see it in person. Kathi does just the best work doesn't she.

carol fun said...

WOW WOW WOW! Love everything about this one - the color, the fabrics, the quilting and the back! Great quilt!