Monday, May 26, 2014

Some New Fabric

I took the prize money I got from the quilt guild for my show quilts and had a mini shopping spree in the Kaffe Fassett section of the Park Bench.  Yummy colors!   These, of course, won't all go in the Flower Garden quilt but bits and pieces of them will find a spot there.  Want to do the leaves mainly in greens, turquoises and blues so the piece on the lower right is a treasure for that.  Then I found a few more pieces for the strip pieced backgrounds.


This last picture is what I think I will be using for a pattern to put in the middle of the quilt (medallion style) on the striped background next to it.  Anxious to get started working on this again.  I so love picking out the colors for the different pieces of the appliques.
This is what I am working on now - getting the quilting done on the drunkard's path paper pieced hanging.  Nothing spectacular - quilting doesn't show very well but that is okay.  The dark around the turquoise is being done in straight lines then will go on to more stippling or loops in the red.  It takes quite a while to quilt this but I think it will be pretty when it is done.

Hope you've had a nice holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Lovely visit with you Carol (I forgot the magazine LOL - will arrange to pick up later). Your flower quilt is going to be awesome when done....

Leslie said...

I am home from up north and planted flowers today. What a great porch for baby Annie to play on. Lucky for mama too, she is almost in a large play pen. Great fabric finds.