Thursday, July 17, 2014

Quilting on Sunbonnet Sue

I have had this little piece done for probably a year - even had the backing made.   The other day I decided it was time to get it together and get it quilted.  Worked first on the middle block with the little girl and knew just what to do with it--outlined everything then did my loopy quilting on the background.  Then the triangles were the next to figure out.  Deciding what to do where is, I think, the hardest part of quilting.  I tried several things and did several rippings
Then I gave a go at the rays coming from the center and pointing to the feature blocks.  By George, I like it!  It's kind of a wrestling match but if Idon't do too much at a time, it's fine.  Sue's hat was kind of bumpy from the fusible web so I did some lines on it and that calmed it down well.   The little girl blocks quilt up quickly but the triangles take a while but I think it will be worth it.

Had Sit and Sew this week.  It's been a spell since I've seen some of the girls and I really looked forward to Tuesday.  It was a really fun day.  It was Leslie's birthday - wish I had known it beforehand.  Leslie is so much fun and one of my favorite people!  What a great bunch of quilters in our group!!   So a big, belated happy birthday to one great gal!!!

Today is the "garage sale" at Park Bench!!   Can't miss that!   Looks like they are going to have stellar weather for it this weekend.  I am going to eat some lunch, get cleaned up a bit and go garage saleing!!!   Will show you later what I buy.


3 comments:

lil red hen said...

Very pretty and colorful! The quilting designs looks nice, and yes, I find deciding how to quilt the blocks is the most difficult part of quilting for me. Are you machine quilting this one?

Leslie said...

THank you for the birthday wish, you are so very dear to me as we'll.

Pokey said...

Hi, Carol! It has been a bit for me to pop in, but you still have such great inspiration going. What a neat update to ol' Sunbonnet Sue, your quilting is perfect for the job, too. Hope your week is wonderful!
Hugs, pokey. :-}