Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Another Little Baby Quilt

Since I am going to be a great grandma for the fourth time, I am going to make another baby quilt.  I sent for this pattern after seeing it on the internet and thinking it was so darned cute!  Little Kaffe Fassett fabric duckies!  It was a downloadable pattern so I got it instantly.  As of now, whether the baby is or a little boy or girl is not known but I thought this would be for either.  The border will not be a floral one.  Since I have the little sunbonnet quilt and the flower garden hangings all quilted, I am now starting this one.  That does not mean that I am all caught up on my ufo's by any means!   Doubt if I ever will be, but I justify it because of the fact that I do finish a lot of things.  Works for this old gal!


This is what I have on the wall in the basement so far which is really not much.  Notice the fabric that is blue and white and rather zebra striped - I thought that would be perfect "water" when I saw it.  I even bought enough thinking I would use it as backing.   Something just doesn't gel with that fabric.  So I cut a couple of strips from another piece that I bought for water also and liked it so very much better!  When it works, it works - when it doesn't, it doesn't.
I have almost all of the little pieced blocks done and am really liking the look.  The piecing, trimming is not so much fun but it's worth it.  All of the little duckies will be different colors with orange beaks.  They each have a little wing, also.  I am making it about six inches wider - 11 triangle blocks instead of nine which adds six inches.   In the top picture, I have just thrown some strips up along one side to see how I would like the border.  That maybe the way I go.  I really like that look and it adds to the scrapiness of the piece.   The colors in the last picture are the truest.  I was fooling around with the other picture and made it too bright.

This weather today is unbelievable!!  What a summer!  I have had nothing to crab about (that's not the word I usually use!) since we have not had any big heat spells or really hot, humid days!  So nice!


7 comments:

annquilts2 said...

How fun! Isn't is funny how everything looks better in Kaffe?

Connie said...

Totally adorable :)

lil red hen said...

Such a sweet pattern! I think the blue water fabric is much better than the zebra-like print too.

carol fun said...

Oh my goodness - Kaffe ducks! LOVE them! and your water fabric is perfect. This is going to be adorable.

ES said...

I love that blue zebra fabric!! But It will look great in another project.

Jewels said...

Love the little ducks Carol! And yes it has been a marvelous summer this year!

leslie said...

love the ducks. great spending time with you today, it is my favorite thing to do.