Thursday, August 21, 2014

Another Year Older

video
Today is my birthday - the 86th one!  Made it through another year and in reasonably good shape considering the number of years I have been on this earth.   I consider myself blessed to be able to do what I do and am so thankful for my dear family.  How lovely to have two kids who are just the best, and three beautiful granddaughters who have brought me so much joy.  Now there are three darling greatgrandbabies with a fourth on the way.   I am a fortunate woman.  It is amazing that a lot of the time I don't feel old on the inside--even though I know there is much I used to do that I no longer can.  That's okay, though, since I still find contentment in my quilting and blogging and working on the computer.  I am also thankful for the lovely group of quilting friends that I have who include me in road trips, lunches, etc.  You are a sweet group and I enjoy being with you immensely.  I don't have many friends my age in Midland - these girls are all much younger than I.  Sharing the love of quilting with them  keeps me enthused about our mutual obsession.

The little video above shows you a card that Leslie and Elle, her daughter, gave me the other day at Sit and Sew.  They are two of my favorite people!  It is the cutest card!!   Made me laugh and still does.  My video taking is not very smooth, but I think you will get the idea.

So, here I am at 86 and amazed that I have come so far.  I hope for at least a few more years, but there is no assurance of that.  The best thing to do is just to live, love and enjoy your life and thank the good Lord that he has blessed you with loving family, fun friends and a lot of wonderful memories!

14 comments:

marlu said...

Happy Birthday! I have a dear friend in Omaha who is celebrating her 83rd today. We have known each other since grade school. Friends are one of the most important things in our lives!

tpott said...

Woop! Woop! Happy birthday, to you. ;-> Enjoy your day.

Lutka And Co. said...

Happy Birthday Carol! I enjoy visiting your blog. Thank you for sharing your wonderful quilting and zest for life :)

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Carol! I I have a friend who just celebrated 80. She is getting forgetful and slower than before but at least she can still sit and quilt and enjoy her time with family. God Bless You on your birthday!

Juliana Ellington said...

Happy Birthday! I loved reading your tribute to getting older. I live far from my roots and extended family, and I don't have any close friends who are older than about 71, so I especially enjoyed your writing with gratitude about what your experience is right now.
I wish you more time of good health, contentment (which I think is even more important than happiness), and love.
Juliana

carol fun said...

Happy Birthday Carol! Here's hoping there are still more years filled with health and happiness. I love your outlook on life. I think being grateful makes one more content. May the next year bring you plenty of sewing time - I love seeing your creations. Now, go have a piece of cake!

Chantal said...

♪Happy birthday to you ♫ ♪ ♫
♫ Happy birthday to you ♫ ♪
Happy birthday, Happy birthday,
Happy birthday to you ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪
May this year be sprinkled with joy, great and small, sweet surprises and plenty of good health. Cheers!!

Jewels said...

Heh my dear friend - don't know if you got my Facebook message...but just in case, Mr. Darcy and I wish you a VERY happy birthday - love the card LOL...We will be over to visit Labor Day weekend for sure. Hugs.

Denise SA said...

Happy birthday sorry I am late

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Happy Birthday, Carol! You are a breath of inspiration and your zest for life.

Bless you!

Hugs, Carolyn

Annie said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I don't think you act or look like you're 86. I feel so fortunate to know you and be part of a wonderful group of quilting friends!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Ive been following
your blog for a few years. Im
impressed how much sewing you get done. Thank you for sharing. Wishing you love, peace and happiness today and through the next year. Dawn in Utah

Jan said...

Happy Birthday! Getting older is the best.

Donna~~ said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday. Please add my late wishes. You are the youngest old lady I know--you accomplish so much I get tired! Hope you have many more Happy Birthdays and lovely quilts ahead!