Saturday, September 27, 2014

A Great Way to Spend a Beautiful Autumn Day





I haven't shown you any flowers this year except when I first planted a few.  I did have some and they were okay but except for two baskets, nothing special.  However, my daughter brought over two pots of mums on my birthday and they are gorgeous!  Love the color and how profusely they bloom. Fall angel is by my door.

Friday was a fun day.  I went with Kathy and Becky to Birch Run to the second annual quilt expo at the convention center down there.  Lots and lots of pretty quilts and quite a few vendors.  The girls from our Q2 guild did well with the quilts entered.  Quite a few of us won ribbons and the best of show went to Linda who does the fabulous paper piecing.  They were displayed very nicely - so fun to see your quilt hanging with good lighting!  I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I would, but here are a few.
This is Kathy's gorgeous machine quilted (domestic machine) piece.  It took a blue ribbon.  Her work is absolutely beautiful.
A lovely piece by Leslie!   Her colors are scrumptious.  There are rhinestones scattered around the ballet shoes, also.  

This is a sweet, sweet piece.  Dianne (she did a wool quilt that I featured several months ago) appliqued these wool pots of flowers on her father's army blanket.  The flowers are doilies that I think she dyed.  Isn't this wonderful?  Dianne has lots and lots of talent!!


This is not from anyone in our guild - but it is smashing!!  I love, love, love the colors.  A beautiful piece.


 Here I am in front of my Sunbonnet Sue quilt which took a third place in it's category.  And I also entered my red dresden plates and the red and white applique quilt and they both got ribbons.   Makes a person feel good.

After the show, there was a group of us went to a nice Italian restaurant and had lunch.  When I got home, I had a nice nap!!!   Lovely day.



No comments: