Friday, September 12, 2014

Some New Blocks, New Fabric and News from Portland

Worked on these blocks the other day and fused this pretty one with tulips.  How great the fabrics work with these patterns.
This is the second one I did that day.  The only thing I am unhappy with is that the large letter V in the left hand lower quarter is kind of distracting.  Will be careful when I cut the squares from that fabric.  I do like the fabric, though.  Nothing is appliqued down so I can change it out if I want to bother taking the applique off and taking the block apart.

Picked up a little more fabric from the Park Bench last weekend.   The first two really caught my eye. Then found three or four other bright pieces.  How can fabric get any prettier, yet it just does!

Now for some wonderful news from Portland!  Annie is going to be a big sister to a little brother!! Molly just found out Wednesday that they will be having a little boy in the family.  So now that will be two and two great grandchildren so far.  I am so happy for our family!   Nothing like the little ones.  They make the world go round!

All done itching and the swelling is gone and I seem to be back to normal after my bout with the wasps.  I was so fortunate to come out of it as I did.  Believe me, I hope that was a one time event!!
All's well that ends well, as they say.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

All great news. It was sure a pretty fall day today, even if it rained.

Beth Niquette said...

WOW!!!! These are wonderful!

Beth Niquette said...

You should join Paint Party Friday--it's not just painting, but all kinds of art--people would love to see what you do. (grin)

carol fun said...

LOVE the blocks -- that combo of bright Kaffe and text prints is so striking. Congratulations on the news about the newest addition - how wonderful! Fall is my favorite time of year too. It has turned cool here and I love it - may have to break out a sweater this weekend. Happy stitching-