Sunday, October 5, 2014

It's Been a While Since I Posted

and this is the reason.  I just could not leave it alone and have spent a lot of time working on it some of which I spent correcting my goofs!  Good thing I am an accomplished ripper!   You know that she who sews rips--'tis true.   But I am so very happy with the way this has turned out.   It is shimmering very nicely!   Rather like a puzzle and easy to get the pieces turned the wrong way.  Part of my problem (have to blame something) is that I do the cutting in the basement and bring it upstairs to sew.  I have a sewing machine down there, but there is a method to my madness.  I feel that it gives me some exercise climbing the steps - and I climbed them a lot the last two weeks.

Here's a closer look at some of the piece.  The fabric with the vegetables in it has been around here for along, long time.  Have to decide how to quilt it.  I think I will use invisible thread - will do some thinking about this.   Wouldn't one in batiks be smashing?   Hmmmmm.




No comments: