Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Good Day to Be In!

I have been going through things in the basement the past week or more and have found all sorts of neat stuff that I had intended to do!  Above is an infinity scarf I whipped out yesterday!  When I say whipped out I mean it went really fast.  You can make one in less than ten minutes.  Joann's has some chiffon, knit, rayon and other cool fabric to make them.  I bought 2/3 of a yard of the fabric here and used the width of fabric.  Go to Youtube and search for how to make fabric infinity scarves and you will find a video.  For a heavier fabric, I would use a narrower width.  Don't forget if they're not on sale you usually have a coupon.
Then I got into my African fabrics and started cutting some strips for sixteen patch blocks.  I don't have nearly as good an assortment as I used to but enough for a little tabletopper.  It's only 32" square and will get no bigger.  Someone who has been to Africa will get this if she wants it!   I would love to switch one of the light squares to another position but I am not about to tear it apart!


In an earlier post, I told you about the baby clothes belonging to my husband that his mom gave me a long time ago.  This is some sort of a little romper with really big legs.  It is handmade with a feather stitch embroidered on the sleeves and neckline.  Clothes for babies have certainly made a  big advancement in the last 88 years!!!!








 Here is a little pair of pants - probablyworn when Ray was maybe three.  Fabric is quite heavy and I thought it was wool but may be wrong on that.  Below is a closer look at the waistband with the handmade buttonholes.  Aren't the phone cameras wonderful????


I've got a good one for you today!!!!


No comments: