Sunday, November 23, 2014

Soon Be Turkey Time

Two years ago Thanksgiving was on November 22 - and Annie arrived on that day!  Here she is blowing out two candles on her birthday cake!    I love this picture - a precious moment in the life of a precious little girl.   I will add new pictures of the three little cutie pies on my sideboard!

I am feeling lost today - my beloved Bernina will not turn on!!!   OMG - she is 26 and a half years old and seems like a part of me.  I will get her up to Bay City after Thanksgiving and have them see what is ailing her.  She also needs a good servicing.  What a wonderful machine she has been--very few problems over all those years and I have sewn zillions of stitches.  Hopefully, she can be revived.  If not, I am not sure what I will do.  Don't think I would want to spend as much as I am sure Berninas cost nowadays.  One of my friends who does beautiful quilting has a Pfaff and she loves it.  I think they are a little more reasonable in price.  Goodness only knows, a machine would not have to last me 26 years now at this stage in my life!!!!  In the meantime, I am using the Huskvarna (sp) that I bought used probably 8 or 9 years ago for the basement and have not used very much.  It's no Bernina, but it is a good machine.  I had Sherry bring it upstairs and I have been playing with it.  I never liked the foot pedal, but think I have that figured out now.  Will go down to Material Mart and see if they have a darning foot and some bobbins to go with this one.  Maybe it will be a nice surprise!  I will give quilting with it a try.

Will go out and shop for some Thanksgiving groceries tomorrow.  Sherry and Barclay will come over here and we will have a feast with plenty for leftovers.  Barclay is going to bake a cake!!  He has been baking cookies and is expanding his talents.  How cool is that?  I think it will be a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.   I will do a pumpkin pie so that will give the three of us plenty of dessert!   All the girls will be together in Denver!  I am sure we will do some facetime with them!  Then about a week after Thanksgiving is over, Norah and family will come to Midland for an early Christmas.  Can't wait!








No comments: